Sign in to follow this  
AnonyEvolution

Vent system for SCPs AND players

My idea

Add a vent system for SCPs and players

How it can/would serve a purpose

Specific SCPs could get through the facility in an easier way as well as some players (explained below) and it generally would add a nice feature to the game.

Why I think it should be done

The factor that a vent system exist is a generally nice feature and an extra nice experience for all players.

How it can be done

Specific SCPs could use the vents to straightly get from one point to another, or somewhere else, small SCPs or teleporting SCPs like 173. Players of course also could use it, but the players would have to find a crowbar or a wrench to open up the vent and crouch inside. Also the vents should not just teleport you around, there could be a system that you have to crouch through the vents. That could incrase the scare and risk factor ALOT and would be much more realistic for players as they could probably meet a SCP while crouching through the vents. Some extra details, the vents should be dark and you could barely see anything unless you have a lighter, flashlight or nightvision googles. There could be multiply vent entrances and exits so you don't just crouch into one and come out on the other side, you could get out at multiple positions.

Relevant images/concepts

Vento.thumb.jpg.f7b8f99bc47f3d10ada88cc5f3bb217a.jpg

Edited by AnonyEvolution

I think the ventilation system is planned already as said in one of the pages here on the forum

On 7/22/2018 at 3:22 PM, AnonyEvolution said:

My idea

Add a vent system for SCPs and players

How it can/would serve a purpose

Specific SCPs could get through the facility in an easier way as well as some players (explained below) and it generally would add a nice feature to the game.

Why I think it should be done

The factor that a vent system exist is a generally nice feature and an extra nice experience for all players.

How it can be done

Specific SCPs could use the vents to straightly get from one point to another, or somewhere else, small SCPs or teleporting SCPs like 173. Players of course also could use it, but the players would have to find a crowbar or a wrench to open up the vent and crouch inside. Also the vents should not just teleport you around, there could be a system that you have to crouch through the vents. That could incrase the scare and risk factor ALOT and would be much more realistic for players as they could probably meet a SCP while crouching through the vents. Some extra details, the vents should be dark and you could barely see anything unless you have a lighter, flashlight or nightvision googles. There could be multiply vent entrances and exits so you don't just crouch into one and come out on the other side, you could get out at multiple positions.

Relevant images/concepts

Vento.thumb.jpg.f7b8f99bc47f3d10ada88cc5f3bb217a.jpg

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, vents are planned in a content update down the line after the main early access release.