An ad blocker has been detected. Please consider disabling it on this site to support us, anything we get helps tremendously.

VildaCZ

Role and Name visibility, clothes changing

My Idea

Make role and Name visibility, clothes changing

How it can/would serve a purpose

When you Aproach Researcher / D class / Chaos Insurgency / MTF You could not see their name and/or name until they show you your ID card.

Why I think it should be done

Only! If you do something when players could have ex. D-Class found dead Researcher on floor, he could take his clothes. Only!

Like i said   ↑↑↑   you could have at start of round as

• D class would have D-[random number ex. 9431]
  • Researcher could have name tag (ex. Researcher/Janitor etc. William Smith)
  • MTF could have Name tag on vest like in military (just surname [about that surname, players could have RP name] or MTF Unit tag) (ex. Johnson or [MTF] Nu-7 ("Hammer Down")
  • Chaos insurgency (or other Groups of Interests) would have Unit name and no names/surnames (Units like ex. Delta, Whiskey, Mike = NATO Phonetic alphabet)
  • maybe more roles coming soon...

How it can be done

Player 1 (i will name him William) and Player 2 (I will name him Peter). William is D-class, and he found dead body of Thomas, which was researcher. He took his clothes, so everyone him as Thomas. Then, when he will get to offices zone, he will meet Peter, the MTF Epsilon-11 member. William will tell him he is researcher, so he will try to evacuate him. But MTF Epsilon-11 Commander will have something like Scanner, that can scan players/dead bodies (so he can know role and name if its not known). So he will say in radio that he found dead naked (by naked i did not mean NAKED but he will have like shorts, socks etc.) body with D class jumpsuit on floor / or just dead body with D class jumpsuit equiped (if William do that, he could make him to equip that jumpsuit and then killed him OR he could first kill him, and then he can equip clothes to dead body of Thomas, but it will take some time (20-40 seconds). And if Peter found out that he is D-class, then he will kill him, or he will evacuate him, so he could escape as fake researcher, or try to run from him, so he will escape as D class.

Images

MTF name tag

762f7ff63781d09fd1949483c73814be.jpg

Researchers ID card

500_F_203485470_scYpYlUcwHL8FTtD1hCOcJ3r

Class-D jumpsuit number (note it will be orange and maybe without SCP logo)

2228152_1.jpg

Thank you for reading this to the end. Leave comment about what you think. Have a nice day!

Maybe a scanner to check for Class-D microchip implants like we currently have for pets. A simple scan on an arm would to show if the person is a Class-D and show their ID on screen.

Edited by Eclipse

IDs will have info specific to your character, but anything that is actively networked in multiplayer like clothing is a no-go for generated text. All-things client side is doable, just nothing in the world models for the sake of performance.

I recommend that a scan would take a bit (like 10 seconds) so they dont do it everytime and they still need to HAVE sucha a scanner