Welcome!

Sign up for an account to have access to the whole site and allow us to send you updates regarding SCP: Ascension!

We are experiencing site issues - there is no fix yet due to the recent software update. This seems to only effect the forums. Thank you for your patience.
ClimN1Curious

Exploratory missions

3 posts in this topic

My idea

Adding exploratory missions/expeditions to the Recon gamemode.

How it can/would serve a purpose

Raises popularity to the Recon gamemode due to having more than discovering a new SCP - exploring it/its internal world.

Why I think it should be done

Adding explorations/experiment logs of well-known SCPs like 2935 and 093s <<color>> tests would raise the popularity of this game from letting people dive into it. Like using 342 and watching yourself being taken to the other dimension, or becoming 507 and teleport into pitch black location with a "Smiling Man" being your only partner here.

How it can be done

After choosing the Recon mode, the player can select from two options: Detection Protocol and Exploration Protocol. The 1st option leads you to the undiscovered SCP, and the 2nd - forces you to explore dimensions/buildings/worlds that are inside of (or) an SCP.

@Jester 

This gamemode is based on being a pre-Containment gamemode where you are finding out what the threat is before sending other forces in to properly handle the matter.

I mean, there's nothing about experiment logs of already contained SCPs.

Like the description says that Recon is about discovering a new object and putting it under the containment, but not exploring its nature. If we take the description literally, then we will be able only to discover SCP-1555 and not to explore it from the inside.

If exploration missions of already contained SCPs are a part of a Recon gamemode, then I think it's better to update Gamemode Info so there'll be no other questions like this.