An ad blocker has been detected. Please consider disabling it on this site to support us, anything we get helps tremendously.

Do you want sewers to be in game.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want sewers to be in game.

• Yes, I want them like here.
    • Yes, I want them but with some changes to your idea.
    • Yes, I want them but nothing alike your idea
    • No, ew I don't want to crawl in shit.

My Idea

How exactly sewers would work

How it can/would serve a purpose
We know sewers will be here, but I want to make sure how they will work, and if devs aren't sure yet, to perhaps guide them in certain direction.
How it can be done
Sewers are a complex and hard idea, so I suggest adding them after release, simplified or just as a update all centered around them. Sewers will be accesible through pumping systems, outside, and through small ladders scattered around facility. Smaller scp's will be able to go in there through toilets. Sewers will go through almost whole facility (not counting zones which contain dangerous scp's which would be able to naturally escape through them. They are really tight and claustrophobic, and will be randomly generated. It will be possible to find map of it though. Getting through them to escape will be difficult because:
1) Sewers can be closed through control room, so if servers won't be destroyed (if the server room mechanic will be in game), you could be trapped in the sewers.
2) It will be the main transport for smaller SCP's.
3) People can "release" content of sewers, through control room. Drowning everything inside. This would be also a way to stop unkillable scp's for big while. But everyone there who wouldn't get out in time will die as well.
4) Going there without a gas mask or a hazmat suit will first make people puke, which will make them stop for a momment, slow them down, and make their vision distorted, and after a long time slowly kill them.
5) As I said earlier sewers would be randomly generated, getting lost in there and slowly dying is a big possibility.
6) After leaving sewers, person will attract all SCP's who have sense of smell. (If it is unknown all humanoid).
7) Sewers have increased chance of getting infected with Virus SCP's.
Why I think it should be done
We knew sewers will be in game, but here I try to give them more attention. It will give players more of a choice between escape routes. And it will be an diffrent escape route from others, because you can use it from the very first zone to the last one, but you won't know if you won't be closed inside and live an frustrating death. You may think it's an RNG feature, but it isn't. Most of dangers here can be avoided when control room is down, or in control, and you can avoid dangers of dying in there with hazmat suits, and only small SCP's will be an issue but comparing to other places it will have less dangerous SCP's.

Relevant images/concepts
Image result for sewers
(showcase of how big sewers  can really be)
Image result for sewers map

Could people who want to change little things about it specify what they want to change?

There shouldn't be more than one outside access and it should be difficult to open too since a secure facility would have considered sewers a weakness and probably made the inaccessable.

6 hours ago, rikboom said:

There shouldn't be more than one outside access and it should be difficult to open too since a secure facility would have considered sewers a weakness and probably made the inaccessable.

tbh I wasn't sure how would you enter sewers in a first place. Because just face planting into toilet doesn't seem releastic 2 much.