An ad blocker has been detected. Please consider disabling it on this site to support us, anything we get helps tremendously.

This feature will probally be blackout only

My Idea

Add perks to the game

How it can/would serve a purpose

Perks would be a feature that would unlock itself, over time. It would unlock faster the better you do in the game. Perks itself wouldn't be too big of help in an actual game. And most of the time they are just passive effects like you get tired slower or your breath is 50% more silent. Playable SCP's would have their own perks. The perk system can be compared to blood web in Dead by Daylight. Humans would be able to have few perks at the same time, although playable SCP's will be able to only have one perk at the time. But it will be more game-changing

Why I think it should be done

Perks would give a player a feeling of accomplishment, by allowing them to feel more powerful the better they are. And would give the game more variety every game. It can be frustrating to newer players because they wouldn't know why someone has better stats than them. But it's a small price to pay for salvation. And to keep that from happening just simply making them not matter that much (at least for humans, SCP's can be more game-changing). It would also allow players to do some funny and interesting builds, that YouTubers and Twitch streamers would upload. Making the game more popular. Summarizing, it would make the game more interesting every game and would help it gain some popularity.

Relevant images/concepts

Image result for Dead by daylight blood webImage result for perks in game

Posted (edited)

Jester probally intented that already but I was like fuck it let's post it anyways. (Also probablly*)

Edited by Galopus

I always hated these perk systems in games because if done incorrectly new players will struggle against veteran players with all these perks making them godlike or just making the game unbalanced a win or lose could balance on whether or not some one had the "quieter breath" perk (lets say an SCP was around a corner and on weak health and an MTF soldier was around the corner and the SCP listens for the breath sounds *Doesn't* hear it because of that perk and goes around the corner without looking left but the MTF guys there and shoots and wins the round)  i dunno jester or some other dev better answer and not me

You need to somehow make players stick with the game for longer. This can be done by just giving them some kind of goal (in this situation getting a perk). And something to make them feel even more powerful, like there isn't an end of how good you can be, and in realistic game it's hard to be done, because there will be a lot of pubg factor where you can often get shot through 35 opened doors, before you even have a chance to see an enemy. Also let's not make the same mistake that scp breach in gmod did where the game is boring as hell after 3-4 games because of it being repetitive.

I'm pretty sure thats why they added an XP system that allows you to get cooler weapons and gear and ETC ETC perks are a little neat but really it could get kinda annoying since well it does add a random factor the game's already hard enough with OP SCP's running about and a whole squad of guards and MTF units trying to kill you and even if you aren't D class a GOI or SCP's are still very tough obstacles to overcome without and perk stuff in the game nothing really needs to be improved and blackout won't be repetitive since every round they mix things up