An ad blocker has been detected. Please consider disabling it on this site to support us, anything we get helps tremendously.

V1NC3NT 501st

Add SCP 372

My Idea

Add SCP 372

How it can/would serve a purpose

It's purpose, like most SCP's would be to kill anything it finds.

Why I think it should be done

It would make for an interesting SCP to play as

How it can be done

Movement would be similar to SCP 173, in that it could move freely and quickly, but when you come into someones view it would change. With 372 it would dart (teleport) to the nearest place that is outside all human FOV's.

Sonar/echolocation would be used for 372's vision, having to ping to see, which could also be used as an audio cue for those hunting/chasing 372, but can also see the electrical pulses of humans nearby as a passive vision aide for 372.

To kill as 372 would be similar to 173 in that you would get behind someone to kill them. To kill 372 would very extremely difficult as looking directy at it will cause it to dissappear, traps or grenades would be the easiet cause of death, but I'm sure other methods could be worked out.

Relevant images/concepts

Screenshot_2018-05-12-14-02-00-1.png

I imagine 372 being pretty flexible, potentially being able to cling to walls and the ceiling and whatnot. I could see this being a pretty fun SCP to play as. Although, I will probably make the final decision on space pickle up to @Tsujimoto, as he knows more of what anomalies we should/want to add outside of our main list.

Yes that was something I forgot to mention, but would definitely make for an interesting type of SCP to play as. Could be fleshed out a lot more too, but was submitting this on a mobile device so thought I would keep it a bit basic.

11 minutes ago, V1NC3NT 501st said:

Yes that was something I forgot to mention, but would definitely make for an interesting type of SCP to play as. Could be fleshed out a lot more too, but was submitting this on a mobile device so thought I would keep it a bit basic.

You're perfectly fine ?

SCP-372 would be one of the few SCPs that wouldn't be attempting to kill. If you look at the documentation it says that 372 has killed but it doesn't do this often. Plus do to the nature of the health system and this being essentially an unstoppable entity (due to it dashing out of people's visions and being extremely fast) it could kill endlessly without any consequence which would take the fun out of the game. If we did ditch the idea of it killing then there'd be no objective other than escape which would be easily attainable with this SCP. In the end it removes the fun of the game either way. 

The ways to kill it are too unreliable and it is either too OP or too pointless. 

I completely understand where you are coming from, in the fact that it would be an OP SCP. To elaborate a bit. What if it was made a passive SCP much like SCP 096, which has to be activated in some way. Say when activated it has only targeted people it can attack, such as the person/people that made it aggressive.

As detailed in SCP-372, 4 D-class personnel in 4 corners of an empty room gets in the way of SCP-372's ability to stay outside of their peripheral vision which causes one of the D-class to be fatally wounded.

So if you base it off this, SCP-372 would not be able to attack unless multiple players leave absolutely no room for SCP-372 to hide in, he'd be able to attack at least one of them swiftly. Might be complex, but this is likely the most plausible way to have SCP-372 behave properly in Ascension.

Also, the MTF would likely have to re-contain SCP-372 among others, so this could commonly open up his need to attack if the MTF would need to see him first.