An ad blocker has been detected. Please consider disabling it on this site to support us, anything we get helps tremendously.

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlade65

Respawn/death in multiplayer

Question

When you will most likely die, will there be a re spawn, and what are the re spawn characters that you can get.

Also, what will the spectator mode be like? What players would you be able to spectate (SCPs, NTF, Scientist, ect)?

6 answers to this question

Dying is unfortunate. There is no respawn and you will be able to spectate as if you were looking at security feed. You will be able to leave the match without any consequence and will get points based on your performance before your death. 

I'm just wondering how you came to decide on not having respawns in this game mode. Is it based on match length, or just due to how many players you plan to have per match?

13 minutes ago, V1NC3NT 501st said:

I'm just wondering how you came to decide on not having respawns in this game mode. Is it based on match length, or just due to how many players you plan to have per match?

The match length will not be set on a time limit, rather the situation of the foundation. And if the players can't respawn, it will be more tense to stay alive.

We can see the player count being upwards of 50-60. It can be more, can be less, we'll have to see.

I also misread one of your lines as "how long do you have to plan?", and it reminded me to say that MTF will have roughly 10 minutes of planning time where they can see the foundation blueprints, the surface geometry, see escaped anomalies, etc. A misread line turned into a fun fact. ? 

6 minutes ago, Jester said:

The match length will not be set on a time limit, rather the situation of the foundation. And if the players can't respawn, it will be more tense to stay alive.

I didn't really mean an actual timer, but having no respawns will considerably affect how long a game can go on for, that's more the point I was trying to get across.

7 minutes ago, Jester said:

We can see the player count being upwards of 50-60. It can be more, can be less, we'll have to see.

Having this many people per game means a rather large map, right? I've heard some talk of there being a lot of stairs and elevators, any other level design features to get around the map?

9 minutes ago, Jester said:

I also misread one of your lines as "how long do you have to plan?", and it reminded me to say that MTF will have roughly 10 minutes of planning time where they can see the foundation blueprints, the surface geometry, see escaped anomalies, etc. A misread line turned into a fun fact. ? 

This makes the MTF sound a lot more fun to play as.  I like the idea of everyone getting together and actually forming plans before going in, also having an idea on who is inside and what SCP have escaped is handy.

8 minutes ago, V1NC3NT 501st said:

Having this many people per game means a rather large map, right? I've heard some talk of there being a lot of stairs and elevators, any other level design features to get around the map?

That's what the post on the map will be about!

10 minutes ago, V1NC3NT 501st said:

I didn't really mean an actual timer, but having no respawns will considerably affect how long a game can go on for, that's more the point I was trying to get across.

Games can go for quite some time.  If the match gets low on players, new players will be able to come in as part of events like task forces, anomalies, and enemy forces. Although everything we plan now may not stay as our plan, things can potentially change over time, we'll have to see.