Welcome!

Sign up for an account to have access to the whole site and allow us to send you updates regarding SCP: Ascension!

We are experiencing site issues - there is no fix yet due to the recent software update. This seems to only effect the forums. Thank you for your patience.
Sign in to follow this  
Nerevar

Text/Voice chat

Question

I assume voice chat is a certain thing but what about text chat?

Will any scp, except human hosted ones, be able to speak through voice chat?

Feel free to respond with any additional info about chat system.

Edited by Nerevar

6 answers to this question

Well, considering captions do not appear under your face in real life I would say no. However, spectators will be able to chat with each other and all that. There will also be radios.

We are going to have a chatbox framework for sandbox and spectators, we may add it to the screen in actual gameplay, but we haven't decided 100% yet.

One of the things that bugs me the most about SCP:SL is that there are no team based text chats for players without mics, especially when you are an SCP (Which requires teamwork if you want to win)

Will any SCPs who are canonically capable of speech (049, 682, 939 etc) be able to communicate with humans in the game? If so, will they have two separate buttons, one for speaking with humans, and one for speaking with SCPs, or will humans always hear what they are saying if they are nearby? If SCPs can talk to humans, will mutually beneficial cross-teaming be allowed (i.e. if 049 was at low health, or was stuck outside/inside a room that required a keycard to open, it could bargain with nearby players - if the player helps it, it will help the player/won't turn the player into a zombie)

I guess its the server owner that decides Since this game will be based on official servers, i guess cross-teaming is forbidden. At least to a specific point.

Locking - old topic that got bumped.